Finish Along 2014
As in previous years, I will be trying to help you finish up all those lingering sewing and knitting projects that you may have hanging around the house, with the incentive of a nice collection of prizes you could be eligible for with each finish.
- At the start of each quarter there will be a linky party for you to link up your proposed list of finishes. You must link up in order to be able to be eligible for those prizes at the end.
- In order for your projects to be eligible, they must at least be a tangible project at the start of the quarter, eg at the very least, a pile of fabric pulled along with a pattern, or a quilt top needing to be quilted, or a half knit jumper. I love seeing your bee blocks, but they won’t count unless you happen to be turning them all into a fully completed quilt!
- As you complete each of your projects on your list, write a post all about it, or a description of a Flickr pic
- At the end of the quarter, link up each individual finish post/Flickr pic to the finish party (for your final finish, it would be handy if you could link back to your original list in some way). For each finish/link you complete, you get an entry into the draw (therefore it’s in your best interest to write up a separate post for each!)
- A finish is defined as a completely finished project, eg a quilt, quilted and bound, a bag that’s fully lined and functional, or a jumper that one could wear out in public. I’m happy for you if you get a quilt top completed in one quarter, but hold onto it for the next quarter and see if you can get it quilted and bound before entering please :o)
- You won’t be punished if you don’t finish your entire list, and feel free to roll projects over from one quarter to the next (I certainly have!)
- All qualifying finishes will be put into a prize draw, and the names drawn at random for each of the prizes donated by our sponsors for that quarter.
- The finish link party will be open for a week, and then the next quarter will open on the following day.
- During the week that the finish link party is open, there will be a series of tutorials appearing here on the blog. If you’d like to contribute a tutorial, please drop me an e-mail by clicking on that wee envelope icon at the top of the screen.
- The FAL is open to anyone, anywhere in the world.
Timetable for 2014 FAL:
9th January – Proposed finish list linky party opens
17th January – Proposed finish list linky party ends
31st March – Finishes linky party opens
1st – 5th April – Q1 tutorial week
6th April – Finishes linky party ends
7th April – Proposed finish list linky party opens
14th April – Proposed finish list linky party ends
30th June – Finishes linky party opens
1st – 5th July – Q2 tutorial week
6th July – Finishes linky party ends
7th July – Proposed finish list linky party opens
14th July – Proposed finish list linky party ends
30th September – Finishes linky party opens
1st – 5th October – Q3 tutorial week
6th October – Finishes linky party ends
7th October – Proposed finish list linky party opens
14th October – Proposed finish list linky party ends
31st December – Finishes linky party opens
1st – 5th January – Q4 tutorial week
6th January – Finishes linky party ends
Our fabulous sponsors for Q1 are:
Our fabulous sponsors for Q2 are:
Our fantastic sponsors for Q3 & Q4:
As part of the FAL, I’ll be highlighting a different sponsor each week, please stop by to visit them and thank them for their support :o)
If anyone would like to contribute a tutorial for Tutorial Week, please contact me, or leave me a comment.