I’m sorry, I know it’s been almost a full week since the Stitch Gathering, organised by the fabulous Jo Avery and her merry band, but I really did want to give it a roundup, even if lack of a replacement broadband router until last night meant it was a little delayed!
Once again Jo rounded up a marvelous selection of goodies, presented in this gorgeously soft needlecord Liberty bag:
What a collection of contents!
Our sponsors provided the following:
- Thread from Aurifil
- Biscuits from Nairns
- Frixion pen from Pilot
- Millward needles and Coats thread from Coats
- FQ from Dashwood
- Magazine from Love Patchwork & Quilting (Editor Jenny even came out to play at the event!)
- Embroidery thread from DMC
- Liberty lawn scrap pack from Very Berry Fabrics
- Embroidery scissors from Groves & Banks
- Tote bag and FQ from Liberty
- 2 Christmas Cori Dantini panels from Blend (it was worth it for this alone, I LOVE Cori Dantini’s fabrics!)
- 5 FQ bundle from Robert Kaufman
- Perle cotton and beads from My Bearpaw
At lunchtime we all got to vote on our favourite ‘ticket bags’ from the secret swap, and then we were allowed to hand them over to their recipients.
The poor lady that made mine was very nervous as she’s a beginner, and found out just before the swap that I was teaching the tote class that afternoon, however I think she did a lovely job getting that block on the front, and she had a great idea for a crossover pocket on the back, ideal for a paper or a brolly or something:
I did feel, having seen the amazing creations that others had done, that perhaps I hadn’t done quite enough on mine, as the only bit I did, other than the front, was to line it. Thankfully the lovely Claire who received it didn’t seem to mind!
I believe Jo will shortly be doing a round up post of all the bags, so I shall be sure to point you to it when it appears, because there was some truly amazing work in there.
Unfortunately I didn’t take a single photo in the class I was teaching as I was running laps round the tables, but trust me when I say everyone did a great job :o)
Now I have rather a lot of reading to catch up on, I may be some time…