Welcome to the first Thistle Patch Sewing Retreat, organised by Katy Cameron of The Littlest Thistle.
Come and join Katy and assistants Ann and Alan at a Highland retreat set in the lovely hamlet of Inchree between the world famous Glen Coe and Fort William, with Ben Nevis towering above. With views down Loch Linnhe towards the Isle of Mull, it is a spectacularly scenic location to escape to for a weekend.
When is it?
- The retreat runs from 3 pm Friday, 3rd November until 10:30 am Monday 6th November
How much is it?
- A standard ticket is £300*
- A partner ticket is £150**
What about the retreat location?
- There will be a dedicated classroom available throughout the duration of the retreat
- Exclusive accommodation is provided in the on site chalets at Inchree:
- Chalets will be shared between 2 or 3 bedrooms
- Standard ticket price is for a shared room, individual rooms available upon payment of a £25 supplement
- Each chalet has its own kitchen and living area should you wish to take a break
- Chalets all have views down Loch Linnhe
- The event will be fully catered, including tea/coffee/cake breaks, however there is a pub on site should you fancy a drink or two (at own cost) or you may bring your own alcohol
- Free Wifi is available both in the accommodation and classroom area
And what about the sewing?
During the course of the weekend you can work on your own projects, but there will also be:
- 4 optional classes:
- Learn how to use Kam Snaps in a fun, quick project (bring your own fabric, all other supplies will be provided)
- Learn about zips for bags as we explore a range of different options that are regularly found in pouch and bag making projects (bring your own fabric, all other supplies will be provided)
- Learn about foundation paper piecing as we make up to 4 blocks which can be turned into a mini quilt or used in a bigger project (bring your own fabric, pattern templates will be provided)
- Learn about stitch sketching, a fun way to create pictures using thread and scraps of fabric (bring your own fabric, all other supplies will be provided)
- 1 optional troubleshooting session – bring projects that you’re struggling with, and we will try and sort them out for you
- 1 optional mini evening class where you can learn about hand embroidery stitches
Is there anything else I can do?
- There will be an optional guided walk up to the Inchree falls (weather dependent)
- You are free to pop out for a walk in the local countryside whenever you wish
What’s the fine print?
- * Accommodation is based on 2 people sharing a room, however an individual room is available for a £25 supplement. Payment may be made in one lump sum or in installments over 3 or 6 months, with the final payment due by the end of September
- ** Partner tickets are available for those who wish to bring a friend or partner who would just like to take advantage of the great outdoors. The ticket price will provide them with accommodation, breakfast and dinner – these tickets are only available for room shares with a retreat attendee, please specify double or twin room on booking. Any partners attending who would like a free guided walk on the Saturday, please note this on the registration form
- Tickets are non refundable, however they may be transferred to another person if you wish
- If you would like to share a room with a specific attendee, please note this on the registration form, otherwise rooms will be assigned at random
- Please let us know if you have any food allergies or intolerances on the registration form
- Please bring your own sewing machine to the retreat. If you are unable to do so there will be up to 3 machines available to borrow, please let us know on the registration form if you need to do this
- Cutting mats and ironing stations will be provided, however please bring your own rotary cutters and rulers
How To Get Here:
Inchree is on the A82 between Fort William and Glen Coe. Post code for sat nav is PH33 6SE, however more detailed directions will be sent with the retreat information after booking.
The nearest train station is Fort William, which is situated on the gorgeous West Highland line. Please contact us prior to the retreat if you need to be collected from the station.
There is a Citylink bus service from Glasgow to Fort William which stops at Onich, just down the road from the retreat. Please contact us prior to the retreat if you need to be collected from the bus stop. There is also a more local bus from Fort William which stops at Inchree just outside the hamlet.
The nearest airport is Glasgow. There will be a very limited pick up option from the airport on Friday morning, please contact us prior to the retreat if you require this. Note that we will only be able to pick up from Glasgow airport, not Prestwick. Should you need to fly into Prestwick there is a train service from the airport direct to Glasgow Central and you can be collected from there.
All tickets for the retreat can be found in the shop below: