Wow, it’s been almost an entire week of sewing and organising since my last WIP Wednesday post.  Rather unexpectedly I ended up finishing for my holidays last Thursday afternoon (ie my boss nearly frog marched me out the door and said he didn’t want to see me until the 14th June), and although I was also slammed with a chest infection/cold from hell, I got to spend Friday and some of Saturday just organising my sewing area.  In the rearrangement I unearthed a pile of WIPs and decided that I would just get them out of the way to clear the decks, so that’s what I’ve been doing since then.

Someone on high was clearly having a laugh at my expense though, because having finished 3 whole quilt tops, I took them over to my pet carpark this morning for photos and it started to rain while the wind blew a hoolie, so I gave up on that for now!

Finishes This Week:

First on my hit list was this block for Jo for Brit Bee (the ‘block’ for each month is 15″ x 30″, filled with as many other rounds as the creator, in this case Trudi, chose).  I really quite like the colour scheme she chose for this round:

IMG_9975

I’m going to call this little pile finished for now as I know I won’t get to quilt them for ages.  I think I might be hiring the long arm up in Stirling for a blitz one day!

IMG_0014

Unfortunately, because of said wind and rain intervening I haven’t got a photo of each hung up anywhere as they’re too big for inside, so imagine if you will that this is a 60″ x 60″ square with 3 20″ x 20″ star blocks running on the diagonal.  This is the offcuts of the big star I did for the first beginners class I taught last year and I had cut the star pieces already, I just had to piece them all and then add the tangerine background:

IMG_0006

This is my WIP from last week with the Mustang along with Cotton + Steel Basics.  It’s a rather huge 84″ x 96″ and it’s rather hard to show you the pattern here, but I was inspired by a recent quilt by Di that she posted on IG:

IMG_0008

This final one is a giant log cabin that only needed 2 more sides added in white – the fabric was even sitting with it waiting to be cut, I don’t know why I put it off for so long!  It has the whole Lotta Jansdotter Glimma line in it, and I’d originally thought I might try out different kinds of FMQ on it, but have come to the realisation that that isn’t something I have a lot of time for right now, so we’ll see what happens when I get to it!

IMG_0010

In Progress This Week:

Some of this is currently on its way to being my next Quilt Now submission:

IMG_9995

To Be Worked On This Week:

  • I have another 3 QN projects waiting to be made up
  • It’s also coming up to my mum’s birthday and father’s day so they might also get a look in this week
  • There’s also a couple of little WIPs I found that I may also get done

Hope you’ve all had a great week!

Translate »