I picked up a fat quarter bundle of Indie when I knew I was heading over for SS, and my fabric mule was collecting things for me.  I didn’t know what I actually wanted to do with it at first though, however having eyed up the giant star quilts, I knew it had found its purpose.  Great minds must think alike, because someone else is making some too!  I’m actually making 2, but at the moment only this one is finished, the other is basted and ready to quilt though.

Ta-da!

I have to admit to not having had any particular plan when I started the quilting, but I ended up having fun with the differently spaced lines radiating out from the centre.  I was quite anal though, firstly they’re all 1/2″ from the seam, then 1″ from the last quilting line, then 1 1/2″, then 2″ and back in and out again.  I decided to use the leftover Berry from the other star for the binding, as I happened to know it matched!

Final stats:

Fabric: Indie by Pat Bravo for Art Gallery Fabrics + Kona Amber and Berry
Thread: Pieced and quilted using Aurifil 50wt #2000
Batting: Quilter’s Dream 100% cotton
Size: 56″ x 56″
Quilting: Straight lines radiating from the centre
Quilted by: Lil old me
Pattern: Giant star out of my head (ie, no pattern followed or anything)

Finish #2 from both the January and Q1 finish-alongs!

Also, thank you to everyone for the lovely comments yesterday :o)

Translate Β»