As you know, Laura and I are going on our own crazy post-Sewing Summit road trip.
We thought we’d sew in some odd places, take photos, play with fabric colours fitting the landscape and see what we can come up with. But we thought “why should we have all the fun?” and “but there will be an awful lot of red rocks and some colour variety would be nice”. Soo…
Then join us!
The bloghop will run from October 1 to November 30. You can join in with a blogpost of your own (grab the Travellin’ Pic-Stitch button from the sidebar), sew along using your own inspiration, follow the bloggers who will be joining us, or do all of the above!
Katy of ImAGingerMonkey will kick it off on October 1 with her rocking paper piecing skills. On 6 October, Jess of LifeUnderQuilts and creator of the most watched “how to paper piece with a small ginger child on your lap” on the web will be offering some expert pointers that will be of use even to those without a small ginger chilld… (It’s a video well worth watching). And some other web-lebrities are joining in too!
Paperpieces.com is providing a discount code for any hoppers and there will be a linky party with some AMAZING prizes on November 30… Read on for more juicy details..
What do you have to do?
I’m glad you asked!
1) Take a photo to start with. Somewhere great.
Aww, nice kanga.
3) Pick a selection of fabrics which match the photo palette and name it if you like.
4) Choose an English paper pieced block (such as Katy’s Spring Carnival or Rachel’s starblossom) and sew it in those fabrics. We’ll give you a rundown on some popular blocks and what you need shortly.
5) Write a post or flickr post it including a link back to the main page either at QuokkaQuilts or TheLittlestThistle.
6) Link up on November 30th!
|Image borrowed from Stitched In Color – Rachel is bloghopping too!|
The first giveaway will be from Jane at WantItNeedItQuilt, so keep an eye out for that one!
We’ll give you some links to resources and ideas SOON. And some of our first blog-stops will be how-tos and helpful hints, so don’t be scared if you haven’t EPP’d before! If you need some Pinspiration, check this out.
There are a few places left if you’d like to be a pitstop on the bloghop so let us know and we’ll send you the deets. If you don’t have a blog and just want to sew along and join up on November 30th, please do! It’s going to be heaps of fun!